The 16th “People Who Read People” podcast episode is an interview with Jason Simmons, aka Master Roshambollah, arguably the most well-known Rock Paper Scissors (RPS) player in the world.
Links to the episode:
- Common physical indicators (i.e., “tells) that give you an idea of what an opponent will likely throw
- Verbal and visual methods for influencing an opponent’s throw
- What format/structure is used at RPS competitions
- Why some players use randomizing strategies to level the playing field versus tough opponents
- Do people gamble at Rock Paper Scissors?
Some resources/articles related to this episode:
- 2004 Rolling Stone article about RPS competitions, featuring Master Roshambollah
- 2006 NPR interview with Master Roshambollah
- Another interview with Master Roshambollah
- Video of Master Roshambollah at 2008 RPS competition
- Telegraph article “How to always win at Rock Paper Scissors”
- World Rock Paper Scissors Association website
- Psychology Today article “The Surprising Psychology of Rock Paper Scissors”